Simple ways to Clean Your Internal House
First off I would just like to note that it is critical to consult a knowledgeable naturopath before you embark on any type of fast, cleanse, or detoxification program. There is no ‘One Way’ to clean house that will be equally effective suited for everyone’s needs and lifestyle.
The Words “fast”, “cleanse” and “detox” may conjure up an image of deprivation and starving yourself for days on end and feeling weak and tired. Although you want to assist your body in eliminating harmful substances, you also want to be able to function physically, mentally, and emotionally as well as possible during the process, nourish your body, and work toward restoring balance. After all, you have a life to live!
Here is an example of one simple way to clean your internal house: for several days, consume only fresh organic vegetable and fruit juices (prepared in your juicer) mixed with water. Green tea also is often recommended. The average length of a fast is about 3 – 7 days.
5 Complementary activities to enhance your Detox Efforts:
1) Light Exercise (e.g., yoga, tai chi, stretching)
2) Deep Breathing practice (Find out more in my book “Getting the Skinny on Getting Skinny”)
3) Herbal and Nutritional Supplements (as suggested by your Naturopath) Some of the more common detox herbal remedies include milk thistle, dandelion root, burdock, yellow dock, and yarrow.
4) Cleansing the skin using a loofah, a type of body scrub sponge to help remove dead skin cells and toxins from the body.
5) Hydrotherapy (e.g., sauna, hot tub)