Hawaii Stress Management – Managing Stress, Fear, & Anxiety Through Counseling and Natural Treatments
Stress Management in Honolulu, Hawaii
Hawaii is considered to be one of the least stressful places in the United States. However, many people still experience intense and constant stress in Hawaii. While a small amount of stress can motivate us, prolonged or excess stress can damage our physical and mental health.
Those who may be overwhelmed by stress, anxiety, or fear may feel helpless or depressed. Nonetheless, many Hawaii residents, especially on Oahu, suffer from constant, debilitating stress and never seek professional help managing stress
The Center for Natural Healing Hawaii offers comprehensive treatments and counseling for Stress Management In Hawaii. Our stress management and counseling services treat stress and stress-related conditions holistically. We help our patients recover from stress, whether it be work-related stress, family-related stress, or financial-related stress. We create lasting change for our patients by teaching stress management tools and providing the body with the right hormonal, nutritional, or lifestyle changes.
Dr. Diana Joy Ostroff, ND, DOM
Center for Natural Healing Hawaii
5283 Kimokeo St Honolulu, 96821
What is Stress?
Oxford Languages Dictionary defines stress as: a state of mental or emotional strain or tension resulting from adverse or very demanding circumstances.
Stress is described as a condition of worry or mental tension generated by a challenging situation. Stress is a normal human reaction that motivates us to deal with problems and dangers. Everyone goes through periods of stress, including children. But, how we handle and respond to stress significantly impacts our overall well-being.
Causes of short-term stress:
- Increased workload
- Getting ready for a school or work presentation/ event
- Arguing with others
- Financial hardship
- Experiencing several smaller problems within a short period of time
- Workplace stress
Causes of long-term stress:
- Problems within family life
- Workplace problems and issues
- Having a terminal or long-term online
- Caregiving for someone with a terminal illness
- Handling the strain from the death of a loved one
- Unresolved emotional trauma
- Substance abuse and addictions
- Long-term unemployment
- Self-sabotaging behaviors
- Physical disorders
- Mental health disorders
- Stress disorder
Benefits of Stress Management in Hawaii
Stress typically begins as pressure – from ourselves or others – and if we are unable to cope with this pressure, we feel stressed. The effects of stress will differ from person to person, but if left untreated, it can lead to illness. Stress management and counseling are among the best ways to manage and resolve stress in Hawaii.
Benefits of healthy stress management and counseling
Managing emotions and stress properly through stress therapy, counseling, or techniques can help you:
- Control your weight
- Improve emotional stability
- Improve overall mood
- Improve relationships with friends and family
- Sleep better
- Reduce muscle tension
- Improve immune system*
- Reduced risk of heart disease
Our Holistic Approach to Treating and Managing, Stress, Anxiety, and Fear for Better Health
Holistic stress relief and management consider the patient’s mind, body, and soul. We take a broader view of stress relief and stress-reducing strategies encompassing personal beliefs, attitudes, emotions, and nutritional, hormonal, and lifestyle factors. It is through our comprehensive counseling and stress management program that enables our patients to maintain a happy, healthy life with their stress levels under control.
Our stress counseling in Hawaii aims to address unpleasant emotions or states of being induced by stress, anxiety, or fear by first increasing self-awareness, teaching techniques to develop inner peace, and improving overall health.
What Makes Our Hawaii Stress Management and Counseling Treatments Unique
We have a unique approach to treating stress and emotional anguish. Rather than offer temporary solutions or a quick fix to treat the symptoms of stress through sedating or mind-altering medications, we aim to treat the more significant issues surrounding stress by addressing mental, physical, and lifestyle factors. We help patients identify the root of their stress, then apply the appropriate stress relief mechanisms and treatments.
Additionally, counseling and therapeutic techniques such as anxiety management and anger management may be utilized as a part of a comprehensive, holistic health recovery program.
Manage stress with our treatment program and stress counseling for better overall health
While most treatment plans will vary from person to person, patients can expect treatment plans that will include some of the following:
- Addressing nutritional deficiencies
- Addressing hormonal imbalances
- Addressing lifestyle factors
- Natural remedies
- Herbal remedies and adaptogen herbs
- Learning healthy habits
- Stress counseling
- Mindfulness and other stress relief techniques
- Meditation practices
- Stress response techniques
- Self-awareness exercises and thought tools
- Stress prevention strategies
- Relaxation techniques
- Address beliefs about stress
- Addressing emotional volatility
- Learning behavioral therapy techniques
- Addressing emotional stress
- Recognizing stress triggers
Patient Testimonials and Reviews
Meet Our Team and Dr. Diana Joy Ostroff
Dr. Diana Joy Ostroff
Dr. Diana Joy Ostroff works closely with her patients to assess their symptoms and create specialized programs tailored to their needs.
Dr. Diana Joy Ostroff from Honolulu, Hawaii, Oahu, studied psychology for six years at both the University of Delaware and the University of Oregon, graduating with honors with a B.A. in psychology. This education, plus her psychotherapy training and experience with clinical psychology, hypnotherapy, meditation, prayer, affirmation work, and dreams, give her a host of tools to draw from when working with patients to assist them in moving through areas in their lives where they feel stuck. For more information about Dr. Joy, click here.
- Over 30 years of experience
- Thousands of patients’ lives changes
Dr. Diana Joy Ostroff’s Keys to Managing Stress Naturally
Stress can be a burden in our lives, it’s important to be able to effectively manage stress naturally in order to maintain our sanity and well being.
- Notice that you are stressed as early as possible
- Identify who or what is stressing you
- Learn to be appropriately assertive and say “No” to yourself and others
- Develop realistic goals
- Change the negatives if you can, and change your attitude about them if you can’t
- Learn not to panic or over-react when things don’t go well
- Take time out to relax daily and exercise at least 3 times a week
- Eat and sleep well, and limit alcohol and tobacco use
- Take care of academic, medical or other personal problems as soon as you notice them
If you find that you are feeling irritable, tired most of the time, unable to concentrate, or experiencing restlessness and sleep disturbances, you may want to seek professional help for stress management. Relaxation techniques are often helpful, and a professional can assist you in exploring more adaptive natural stress management methods.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ
: How can I deal with extreme stress?
Dealing with extreme stress can be a challenging endeavor. With the proper stress management strategies and techniques in place, people can manage extreme stress through these healthy ways to cope with stress:
- Take breaks from watching news stories, including those posted to social media.
- Take care of your own health. Give yourself a break if you’re feeling stressed out, eat a nutritious diet, exercise, and get plenty of rest and spend less time on your mobile phone.
- Look after your body and wellness.
- Breathe deeply, stretch, or practice meditation.
- Try to consume balanced, healthy meals.
- Get regular exercise.
- Develop healthy sleeping habits.
- Avoid using drugs, alcohol, and tobacco excessively.
- Follow your healthcare provider’s advice and engage in stress counseling if necessary.
- Set aside time to relax. Try to engage in some additional enjoyable activities.
- Talk with others. Share how you’re feeling with people you trust and are comfortable with.
- Connect with your community- or faith-based organizations.
- Abstain from alcohol and drugs. These might appear to be helpful, but they can actually make things worse and make you feel more stressed than before. Its important to learn to manage stress in a healthy way.
- Know when you need more assistance. Find a therapist if needed.
- If the issues persist, consider speaking with a psychologist, psychiatrists, therapists, therapy groups, trained counselor, or naturopathic doctor.
: How do you treat chronic stress?
Chronic stress is best treated holistically. A holistic treatment plan for chronic stress may include the following:
- Consuming nutritious food.
- Developing time management skills.
- Setting sensible objectives.
- Improving sleep.
- Setting aside time for social and leisure activities.
- Developing healthy coping mechanisms for stress.
- Cultivating and practicing mindfulness (learning to control attention)
: Can you get counseling for stress?
Yes, counseling may help those experiencing stress, emotional unrest, or unease anxiety long or short term. A mental health issue, such as anxiety, depression, or an eating disorder, can be managed with counseling. Stress counseling may help those experiencing a distressing situation or event, such as infertility, work-related stress, family stress, or medical condition.