Hawaii Stress Management – Managing Stress, Fear, & Anxiety Through Counseling and Natural Treatments
Patient Testimonials and Reviews
Meet Our Team and Dr. Diana Joy Ostroff
Dr. Diana Joy Ostroff
Dr. Diana Joy Ostroff works closely with her patients to assess their symptoms and create specialized programs tailored to their needs.
Dr. Diana Joy Ostroff from Honolulu, Hawaii, Oahu, studied psychology for six years at both the University of Delaware and the University of Oregon, graduating with honors with a B.A. in psychology. This education, plus her psychotherapy training and experience with clinical psychology, hypnotherapy, meditation, prayer, affirmation work, and dreams, give her a host of tools to draw from when working with patients to assist them in moving through areas in their lives where they feel stuck. For more information about Dr. Joy, click here.
- Over 30 years of experience
- Thousands of patients’ lives changes
Dr. Diana Joy Ostroff’s Keys to Managing Stress Naturally
Stress can be a burden in our lives, it’s important to be able to effectively manage stress naturally in order to maintain our sanity and well being.
- Notice that you are stressed as early as possible
- Identify who or what is stressing you
- Learn to be appropriately assertive and say “No” to yourself and others
- Develop realistic goals
- Change the negatives if you can, and change your attitude about them if you can’t
- Learn not to panic or over-react when things don’t go well
- Take time out to relax daily and exercise at least 3 times a week
- Eat and sleep well, and limit alcohol and tobacco use
- Take care of academic, medical or other personal problems as soon as you notice them
If you find that you are feeling irritable, tired most of the time, unable to concentrate, or experiencing restlessness and sleep disturbances, you may want to seek professional help for stress management. Relaxation techniques are often helpful, and a professional can assist you in exploring more adaptive natural stress management methods.